Monday, December 15, 2008

Holidays

No recipe tonight, I'm feeling very sentimental and sappy. You see, I suffer from severe depression and the holidays are the worse time for me. This is the first time I've put up a tree in 3 or 4 years. It's just me and mom now, unlike the Christmas's when I was a kid. I come from a large, Catholic, Cajun family, so Christmas celebrations usually involved everyone from first cousins to third and fourth cousins, as well as all the step family. We're talking close to 100 people all crammed into my grandmothers little house in Baton Rouge. I really miss my family sometimes and wish we could all be together through the holidays. I especially miss my brothers and sisters. I am however very blessed with the very best group of friends a person could have. They have really helped me through some hard times and I love them with all my heart. Without them I don't know that I would have made it these past few years and I hope they know how much I appreciate their love and support. Because of them, this year's Christmas doesn't seem so bad emotionally, hence, the Christmas tree and the feeling that maybe life isn't so bad.
So here is my little tree!!

Here it is with all the lights turned off.

Some of my favorite ornaments.



Mietze helping me decorate.

No comments: