Friday, December 5, 2008

Cooking

I have had a nasty stomach virus all week long, so needless to say, there hasn't been much cooking going on at my house. If it weren't for Campbells pull tabs on their soups, I probably wouldn't have eaten at all this week. I love chicken soup, so I was happy about that. I would have preferred to have had my own homemade chicken soup, but alas, I had none in the freezer, nor did I have the energy or where-withal to make any. So, though I have no pictures, I will post my chicken noodle soup recipe anyway. It really is quick and easy. Unless you've got your head in a toilet going "MOOOOMMMMM!!! I'M SICK!!!"

Chicken Noodle Soup

1 1/4 piece of fresh ginger
1 box of no salt added chicken broth.
2 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
1 carrot, peeled and slice into 1/4 rounds
1 stalk celery, sliced into 1/4 pieces
1/2 cup uncooked egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste

In a 2 quart heavy bottomed pot, put the ginger and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until it's as gingery (is that a word??) as you would like it to be. Add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer until chicken and noodles are cooked and the carrots are tender-crisp.

1 comment:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Hope you're feeling better. I like that you add ginger to the Jewish penicillin.

Thanks for adding us as a friend on Foodbuzz. We welcome you to come visit our site!