Thursday, December 18, 2008

Black Bean Soup


Dinner tonight was black bean soup. Just something I threw together, but it turned out very tasty, so I thought I would post it here.

Black Bean Soup

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed.
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn
4 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup frozen mixed veggies, or a small can of Vegall
1 onion diced
4 gloves of garlic (or to taste), minced
1 chicken bouillon cube
water
salt and pepper to taste

in a large pot, sweat the onions and garlic in a small amount of oil. add the chicken and all the canned vegetables. add water to cover by 1 inch and toss in the bouillon cube. bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. serve hot with cornbread.

I actually never have canned beans on hand, I always have dried. So I used 1 cup of dried beans, cooked in about 2 quarts water, no seasoning. When the beans are tender, drain and rinse, and follow the rest of the directions.

No comments: