I love using my slow cooker. It's soooo easy to be creative with it. The problem I have with the slow cooker is that it's hard to make small amounts in it. I'd freeze the left-overs, but I usually don't have room in my freezer. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I think I will this weekend.
Recipe: Melt in Your Mouth Slow Cooker Beef
Ingredients 1 Beef roast (about 4lbs)
3 Cloves of garlic
1/2 Cup red wine
12 Button mushrooms
6 Large cherry tomatoes
1/4 Cup low sodium chicken
broth Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place meat in slow cooker (trim or remove any extra fat off the meat).
2. Add mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Add wine and chicken stock.
5. Toss in the dried thyme.
6. Cover and set on to LOW and cook for at least 8 hours.
7. Remove meat and vegetables and transfer sauce to pan.
8. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce.
9. Add 1 tbsp. cornstarch to 2 tbsp. Cold Water and mix in a bowl.
10. Add mixture to sauce pan bring to a boil and let thicken.
11. Carve meat, drizzle with sauce.