Sunday, March 1, 2009

Long time no see

I know I haven't posted in a while. I have been very busy with a local ministry called Provision Port. We provide food, clothing, and hygiene items to the needy in our community. We recently got a building donated to us, the old abandoned hospital here in town. It needed a lot of work. Our grand opening is on March 10th. It's taken a lot of work to get us to the point we can even consider presenting it to the public. The building had been abandoned for the past 8 years. There has been a lot of mold and mildew to clean up. The wall paper was peeling, the floors are coming up. The building is right in the middle of the federal housing projects, so there has been a lot of illegal activities going on in the building as well. When I can sit and think more about what I want to write here, I'll post more.

2 comments:

rebel said...

I'm glad you're back! Hope you will be able to post some pictures of the old hospital. Old buildin's fascinate me.
Take care and don't get too tired.

mac said...

I think that's great. I'll drive by and check it out :-)